Sep 11, 2007
1 Hopkins Street, Wakefield, MA 01880
(H) 781-245-2720 (C) 781-718-7395
Sales Channel Business Development, from strategy to tactics
Seeking a business development opportunity at a document management MFP, ISV, large system integrator or VAR needing to drive its sales pipeline
- Expert Channel Sales Leader for software, services, solutions, and storage hardware markets
- Possess North American and international (England, France, South Korea) experience
- Built field sales, telesales, tech support, business development, and marketing teams
- Substantial media experience including web, radio, print, direct response, CRM, etc.
- Broad supply chain experience; from IC, subsystem/system, software solutions, to aftermarket
SyAM Software, Inc.
Director, Channel Sales and Marketing (Spring 2006 to present)
Channel sales for IT Asset and Power Management solution suited for distributors’, integrators’, or VARs’ Managed Service Practice. In first 60 days (July 1, 07 – Aug 30) working with Synnex, 574 unique business partners asked about establishing relationship with SyAM
(Winter – Spring 2006)
During the Serino Associates transition, provided business management and channel consulting services to software companies in Document; IT asset; Facilities Asset Management markets. Devised plan to have Fortune 20 MFP company make thousands of sales calls per day for document management client at no cost to client.
Serino Associates, Inc.
President and founder (1993 - Spring 2006)
Principal of business consulting and marketing services firm. (http://www.channelsmarketing.biz/).
110 clients, including OEMs, ISVs, distributors, SIs and VARs needing to increase partner sales. Sampling of key clients and results:
- HP Services: Primary research, Service Products recommendations, and partner qualification
Currently generating ~ $45 million/year and growing verifiable upon request
- HP Storage: Field marketing engagement with HP storage partners; very sharp channel sales growth that can be verified by HP Area VP
- Continental Resources: Agency of record responsible for lead generation and company identity
Grew sales from about $225 million to over $325 million during this period
Acquired in excess of $700,000 of discretionary MDF for client from Sun, Oracle, Cisco allowing client to fund growth without using their own capital
- Avnet, Inc. (Hall-Mark Computer Products Div); Developed strategy, implemented tactics for Hall-Marks North American channel and their newest relationship increasing sales from zero to in excess of $100 million in 3 years
- Sun Microsystems: Partner marketing
Many Sun-centric campaigns with distributors, ISVs and VARs to reach new markets
- Cahners Publishing: Conceived, found financing ($80,000 per edition), and wrote, a self-funding quarterly insert
- Akamai Technology; Partner marketing
Created industry-specific sales tools for IBM Global services and other world class integrators
- Datawatch Corporation; Developed strategy and tactics of partner program needed to sell former single-user report writing solution into Enterprises
- MOCA (Division of Arrow Electronics); Outsourced marketing arm for partners in Northeast
- ATG; Developed this French optical disk company’s North American channel strategy
- Cyan Technology; Developed this British Microcontroller company’s US rep channel
- iPark – Boston; provided channel strategy and tactical consulting for this high tech business development agency of the South Korean government
Avnet, Inc. Increasing levels of R&A as described below (Prior to 1993)
Established marketing and business development department for $150 million business unit.
Sales Unit Director
P&L responsibility for $24 million flagship branch of leading system integrator.
Computer Sales Manager/Technical Specialist
Sales and technical support manager for Avnet’s New England office. Grew sales from $180 K to $2 million/month
Suffolk University: Boston, MA. MBA
University of Massachusetts, Amherst: BBA, Marketing
On-going: Numerous formal management, sales and technical courses