KODAK Unified Workflow Solutions Synchronize Digital and Conventional Production Environments
Kodak delivers end to end integration of business, production and
color at AIIM ON DEMAND 2006
PHILADELPHIA, May 16—Unified Workflow is the power behind today’s fast moving and flexible blended production environments. At AIIM ON DEMAND, Kodak is showing how a KODAK Unified Workflow solution can establish a platform to improve efficiency, increase revenue and expand service offerings.
“In the real world of print on demand, many graphic communications providers are combining the power of offset, inkjet, and digital solutions to meet customer needs and capture new revenue opportunities,” said Jeff Hayzlett, Chief Marketing Officer, Kodak’s Graphic Communications Group (GCG). “Customers want workflow solutions that can keep up with their complex needs. Kodak is ready at AIIM ON DEMAND with workflow solutions that perform together from the front office through prepress and the press room, and, importantly, directly with customers.”
KODAK Unified Workflow solutions provide an end to end digital infrastructure for printing that integrates business, production and color workflows, using innovative software tools, open standards and intelligent automation. The first implementation of KODAK Unified Workflow solutions is aimed at the commercial print segment.
About KODAK Unified Workflow Solutions
A KODAK Unified Workflow solution is a scaleable, modular solution that allows printers to more effectively and efficiently respond to increasingly complex print specifications. It enables printers to streamline processes for efficiency, and optimize resources and maximize production capabilities for increased capacity from existing resources. It also creates a foundation for sales growth by providing the tools customers need to differentiate their businesses and deliver greater value to clients through new services.
The open architecture of a KODAK Unified Workflow solution, featuring support for industry technology standards (such as JDF, PDF and ICC) and industry initiatives like NETWORKED GRAPHIC PRODUCTION (NGP), provides the means to implement a complete and fully integrated workflow that enables intelligent automation. Intelligent automation eliminates manual tasks, saves time, and reduces the waste and costs associated with errors in an operation. It also assists a KODAK Unified Workflow solution to provide the exceptional flexibility, communication, control and automation needed to support all printing processes from a single solution platform.
Components of a Unified Workflow
Business Workflow Solutions
Business workflow solutions improve business decision making, enhance relationships with customers and suppliers, and reduce production errors and material waste. These solutions include:
· A management information system (MIS)—KODAK Enterprise Management Solution (EMS) software is distinguished by its broad focus on planning and managing resources throughout the entirety of the commercial printing organization. EMS features integrated customer and supplier relationship management capabilities; advanced estimating and production planning; integrated quality control and process improvement modules; and automated business intelligence to help ensure success in changing business environments.
· Production planning systems—KODAK UPFRONT 4.0 production planning software lets customers unify and standardize their job planning to benefit automation and fewer planning errors.
Production Workflow Solutions
A KODAK production workflow solution helps customers optimize different print processes by providing outstanding integration, automation, and collaboration across conventional, digital, and mixed print production environments. These products address a wide spectrum of customer needs, from digitally printed applications to globally distributed, high volume print production across market segments. A KODAK production workflow solution may include:
· Workflow management solutions—a KODAK PRINERGY workflow system, a third generation PDF workflow solution for controlling prepress, plate and film production; KODAK PREPS imposition software, which helps prepress professionals remove even more manual steps from their preferred workflow; and KODAK Link software, which provides production data and job status information to provide production reporting and/or data exchange between an MIS and PRINERGY workflow system.
· Portal products—allow printers to offer compelling new services, while streamlining prepress production. KODAK InSite software, a secure Web portal into prepress production that makes online communication between printers and their customers a convenient reality; KODAK TeamWorks software, which provides server based project management for content collaboration; KODAK EyeMedia software, integrated asset management; and KODAK NEXTREME web to print exchange solution, which provides an easy to use, web based order management tool for automated fulfillment of static, short run and simple versioned print jobs.
· Digital printing software solutions—KODAK digital front end systems that drive KODAK NEXPRESS digital presses and third party devices, such as the KODAK NEXSTATION IV digital front end drive, KODAK NEXPRESS digital presses and KODAK SMARTBOARD document mastering software 4.0, which facilitates PDF based job assembly for both color and black and white documents. KODAK DARWIN authoring software and Printable’s FUSIONPRO family of variable data solutions provide options for personalized digital printing.
Color Workflow Solutions
A KODAK color workflow solution drives the delivery of accurate color from design and specification through to production and final output in commercial printing applications. KODAK color workflow solutions incorporate industry standards for carrying color information throughout the entire process and make it easy to create, produce and monitor color from idea to delivery.
KODAK color management technology enables easier adoption of color standards, repeatable color production, efficient RGB workflows and optimized wide gamut printing. KODAK color workflow solutions deliver value to print providers through increased efficiency, enhanced quality control and outstanding consistency.
About Eastman Kodak Company
Kodak is the world’s foremost imaging innovator, providing leading products and services to the photographic, graphic communications and healthcare markets. With sales of $14.3 billion in 2005, the company is committed to a digitally oriented growth strategy focused on helping people better use meaningful images and information in their life and work. Consumers use Kodak’s system of digital and traditional image capture products and services to take, print and share their pictures anytime, anywhere; Businesses effectively communicate with customers worldwide using KODAK solutions for prepress, conventional and digital printing and document imaging; Creative Professionals rely on KODAK technology to uniquely tell their story through moving or still images; and leading Healthcare organizations rely on Kodak’s innovative products, services and customized workflow solutions to help improve patient care and maximize efficiency and information sharing within and across their enterprise. More information about Kodak (NYSE: EK) is available at www.kodak.com.
For more information about Kodak’s Graphic Communications Group, visit www.graphics.kodak.com.
(Kodak, Networked Graphic Production, NGP, UpFront, Prinergy, Preps, NexTreme, NexStation, NexPress, SmartBoard and Darwin are trademarks of Eastman Kodak Company.)